Reception 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Reception class page 2021 - 2022
This first half term our learning is based around the Exhibition topic and our continent is Asia. This is very huge area so we going to focus on dragons which appear in many of the Asian culturals. The children's work will be displayed in the main school hall in the last week of the half term.
Your child will have PE on Friday in their first half term at school.
I will use the Reception class webpage to keep families informed with what's going on. Please do take the time to check this for regular weekly updates (News Items - below) about our learning in class, as well as notes and important dates for the coming week.
Families, there is a variety of ways for you to contact me. If you would like to get in touch, or find information, you could:
- Face-to-face:– pop in to see us either before or after school
- Drop a line:- write a note but please don't put any important notes into child’s planner (I only see this once a week)
- Telephone:- give us a ring on 01270 918940– best before/after school, or during lunchtime
- Website:- check out this our Reception class page (updated each weekend)
- E-mail:- contact me at email@example.com (emails are checked regularly throughout the week)
- Newsletter: check the school newsletter online – you’ll find it on the homepage, uploaded each Friday
- Twitter: the school has a Twitter account - search for @goostreyprimary to see regular update
Words and sounds: These are as important as reading and going over these regulary several times a week just help develop fluency in reading. We have done all words in class and do so every morning during phonics. We also write these during the phonic sessions.
Please make sure all items of clothing and water bottles are labeled.
Files to Download
Reception: News items
Newsletter 15.10.2021, by Mrs Schurer-Lewis
Cheshire East Covid update for families, by Mrs Schurer-Lewis
Reception: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Reception: Events items
There are no Events items to display