Reception 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Reception class page 2019 -2020
This Spring 1 term's learning is "All about me". We will be looking at our senses and how our bodies work.
I will use the Reception class webpage to keep families informed with what's going on. Please do take the time to check this for regular weekly updates (News Items - below) about our learning in class, as well as notes and important dates for the coming week.
Families, there is a variety of ways for you to contact me. If you would like to get in touch, or find information, you could:
- Face-to-face:– pop in to see us either before or after school
- Drop a line:- write a note but please don't put any important notes into child’s planner (I only see this once a week)
- Telephone:- give us a ring on 01270 685658 – best before/after school, or during lunchtime
- Website:- check out this our Reception class page (updated each weekend)
- E-mail:- contact me at email@example.com (emails are checked regularly throughout the week)
- Newsletter: check the school newsletter online – you’ll find it on the homepage, uploaded each Friday
- Twitter: the school has a Twitter account - search for @goostreyprimary to see regular update
Reading: You can change your child's reader before or after school each day. Please only take one book home at a time. I do try to get them the change them during the day (as I know some children are at Superkids) but sometimes we just run out of time. It is really very helpful if you fill in the reading record so that I know how you are getting on at home.
Words and sounds: These are as important as reading and going over these regulary several times a week just help develop fluency in reading. We have done all words in class and do so every morning during phonics. We also write these during the phonic sessions.
Please make sure all items of clothing and water bottles are labeled.
Files to Download
Reception: News items
Reception 24th January Looking back and forth, by Mrs Flint
Reception looking back and forth 17th January, by Mrs Flint
Reception looking back and forth 10th January 2020, by Mrs Flint
Reception: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Reception: Events items
There are no Events items to display