Reception 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Reception class page 2019 -2020
Dates to note for the begining of the school year:
Monday 9th September at 6pm – Parent’s evening in the classroom (please arrange childcare). This meeting should be no longer than 45 minutes.
Thursday 26th September at 5pm to 6:30pm. Reception class social: All the family members are welcome and a packed supper is provided for all children at a minimal cost.
Monday 7th October at 6pm: Parents phonics information evening in the Sunshine Room. This meeting should be no longer than 45 minutes.
Wednesday 11th at 9:30am and Thursday 12th December at 2pm. Nativity play: Each family will get 2 tickets per performance. We ask that you do not bring younger children to these two performances but rather to the dress rehearsal (date to be confirmed).
I will use the Reception class webpage to keep families informed with what's going on. Please do take the time to check this for regular weekly updates (News Items - below) about our learning in class, as well as notes and important dates for the coming week.
Families, there is a variety of ways for you to contact me. If you would like to get in touch, or find information, you could:
- Face-to-face:– pop in to see us either before or after school
- Drop a line:- write a note but please don't put any important notes into child’s planner (I only see this once a week)
- Telephone:- give us a ring on 01270 685658 – best before/after school, or during lunchtime
- Website:- check out this our Reception class page (updated each weekend)
- E-mail:- contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (emails are checked regularly throughout the week)
- Newsletter: check the school newsletter online – you’ll find it on the homepage, uploaded each Friday
- Twitter: the school has a Twitter account - search for @goostreyprimary to see regular update
Our Autumn planning will be around celebrations.
Reading: You can change your child's reader before or after school each day. Please only take one book home at a time. I do try to get them the change them during the day (as I know some children are at Superkids) but sometimes we just run out of time. It is really very helpful if you fill in the reading record so that I know how you are getting on at home.
Words and sounds: These are as important as reading and going over these regulary several times a week just help develop fluency in reading. We have done all words in class and do so every morning during phonics. We also write these during the phonic sessions.
Please make sure all items of clothing and water bottles are labeled.
Files to Download
Reception: News items
There are no News items to display
Reception: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Reception: Events items
There are no Events items to display