Y2 Looking Back and Forward 26th May
Friday 26th May 2023 – Looking Back & Forth in Year 2
I cannot believe we are the end of another half term! Year 2 have had another great week. They have written fantastic letters from the Bear. They have retained their arithmetic skills. In history we have finished our inspirational people topic and looked back at what has been learned. In geography with Mrs Saxton the children have been exploring a non-European country and so are learning about South Africa. They have also enjoyed RE, PE and music. Today we released the butterflies and the children enjoyed watching them fly around. They were amazed at how tame they were. It has been a great week!
Year 2 – Pupils’ Highlights:
- Releasing the butterflies
- Writing letters
What have you learned about the butterfly lifecycle?
- Reading books will be changed on Mondays. The reading folder is needed in school every day. Thank you.
- Next half term PE will be on Friday. School PE kits should be worn.
- A new English story
- New topics in Science and History
- Don't forget our trip to MoSI is on Friday 9th June!
Please read regularly with your child at home using the books sent in their reading folder, plus any books from home that they enjoy. Ask questions about what they have read.
- Learn 2,5 and 10 times-tables for our weekly quiz. You could use the websites below:
2 Times Table Song - Percy Parker - Wave Your Arms In The Air With Percy - animation, lyrics & GRID - Bing video
5 Times Table Song - Percy Parker - Say Percy Parker Quickly - with animation and lyrics - Bing video
10 Times Table Song - Percy Parker - Just Add A Zero - with animation and lyrics - Bing video
Hit the Button - Quick fire maths practise for 6-11 year olds (topmarks.co.uk)
No other homework this week
No homework this week apart from reading with your child/ren
No spellings this week