Weekly Update Y5 2.12.22
Friday 2nd December 2022 – Y5 Weekly Update
It’s been a hard-working week in Year 5. The children wrote a fantastic recount about the journey of a river – applying lots of geography vocabulary to their writing. In maths, we have been multiplying and dividing by 10, 100 and 1000 - the children have done really well with this! We have been undertaking some interesting investigations in our ‘Forces’ topic in science – we have tested how much friction different shoes generate, and explored air resistance with paper spinners!
Year 5 – Pupils’ Highlights:
- We really enjoyed learning about different sources of evidence in history.
- It was interesting learning about the lives of Ancient Greek children.
- We enjoyed the air resistance investigation using spinners!
Family discussion questions:
- Can the children remember the golden rules for multiplying and dividing by 10, 100, 1000.
- Ask the children what they remember about the lives of Ancient Greek children.
Next week, the children will be writing a diary entry, imagining they are a child in Ancient Greece. In maths, we are moving on to look at area and perimeter. In science, we will be exploring water resistance.
We will also be practising for the Christmas Service – the songs are sounding great. The children will also get the opportunity to watch the infant’s nativity on Thursday!
Raffle tickets for the class hampers will be on sale in class each day next week - £1 per strip of tickets.
Have a great weekend!