Y5 Weekly Update 24.3.23
Friday 24th March 2023 – Y5 Weekly Update
The Year 5s have been brilliant this week. We have been studying some geography skills in preparation for our trip to Burwardsley – we looked at grid references on Monday, and the 8-point compass today. In English, the children have written a wonderful story based on the book, The Promise. In maths, we have continued with some tricky work on percentages and the children have done really well with this. On Tuesday, we did some really useful e-safety work, looking at the children’s potential digital footprint.
Year 5 – Pupils’ Highlights:
- We are looking forward to Burwardsley next week!
- We have enjoyed the geography topic so far and we are looking forward to using our geography skills next week.
- We really enjoyed writing our own character narrative stories.
- We loved making rationing cakes with Mrs Riddell.
Family discussion questions:
- Can the children tell you how to read a six-point grid reference?
- Can the children show you how to calculate a percentage of a number?
Next week, we have our exciting residential in Burwardsley. We will be leaving around 9.30am on Wednesday morning – children are to come in at the start of the day as normal. Just a reminder, they need their lunch/drink in a separate small rucksack. On Wednesday, we will be climbing up to Beeston Castle, then hiking to Burwardsley (after lunch and gift shop visit!). On the Thursday, we will be playing team games on the field, then walking a section of the Sandstone Trail. We will have a bonfire on Thursday evening, followed by den building on the Friday morning.
Please let me know if you have any last minute questions or queries!
Enjoy the weekend!