Year 3 Looking Back and Forth 12/5/23
Friday 12th May 2023 – Looking Back & Forth in Year 3
We have had a lovely week together this week, in spite of all the sudden down pours, where we have enjoyed adding and subtracting fractions in maths and singing rhymes to help us recall facts. English has been busy authors, writing of our fable narrative, in Geography, we have begun to look at the Earth and its many layers, in History, we have discovered how Rome was founded and how to review the evidence when deciding what is true and reliable and what may be mythical, in PE, we enjoyed another cricket session on the field, in Science, we completed all of our work on plants and in Reading, we acted out another scene from The Working Children – session 3 and discovered the hardships of a Victorian street child – another great week!
Year 3 – Pupils’ Highlights:
- Congratulating Year 6 on completing their SATs
- Friday’s assembly – listening to a funny story read by Miss Atkins and Mrs Cowell
- Cricket practise with Premier Sports
- Maypole dancing with the ribbons again – we were brilliant if not a little tangled!
- Learning how to add and subtract fractions
- Playing on the field again.
Family discussion questions:
Ask your children…
- Do you add the denominator, numerator or both in fractions?
- What are the layers of the Earth called?
- Who were Romulus and Remus?
Next week, is just so exciting – we will be starting our swimming programme in our wonderful pool, we will be continuing to practise the maypole dance, beginning to learn about volcanoes and earthquakes in Geography and where they are mainly found, learning about the expansion of the Roman Empire in History and what Britannia had to offer and continuing with fractions in maths, moving onto money matters and finding out what happens to Beth and Harry in reading!
Swimming bags, swim-suit, swimming hat, towels and shoes to walk from changing rooms to pool please as of Monday!