Year 6 - Looking Back and Forth - Friday 25th November 2022
Y6 – Friday 25th November 2022 – Looking Back & Forth in Year 6
First, may we start by thanking our Year 6 families for a great week of parents’ meetings. It was really lovely to meet new faces, and to chat with families who have been through Year 6 before. It was a great opportunity to celebrate how well the class has settled in – long may this continue. English has seen us enjoying newspaper reports about the England football team but we have managed to link this with our Shackleton work! Fractions have been practised this week with mixed numbers featuring heavily. Inheritance investigations continued with foxes on Monday (!) and pupils have begun to study the work of Charles Darwin. Singing for Christmas continued on Thursday and we rounded off the week with enjoyable sessions of ‘apparatus and gym’ with Mr Biggs, followed by a lovely session with our buddies.
Letters issued Y6:
Fencing club letters – issued Monday 21st November
Individual Photos came home on Wednesday 23rd November
Crucial Crew Booklets – issued Friday 25th November
Year 6 – Pupils’ Highlights:
- RS – Shackleton Writing
- HN – Geography and New England
- HM – Numerators & Denominators
- BB – Mary Anning
- SA – Reading
- EB – Science – the Mr Men
- AW – PE
- EK - Buddies
Family discussion questions:
- What can you tell me about ‘The Carolinas and The National Parks’?
- Who is Mensun Bound?
- What is the ‘S.A. Agulhas II’?
- Which football team do the Year 6 adults have in our class sweepstake?
- We are rounding off our English work on Shackleton with a newspaper report on the finding of his ship – Endurance. Fractions will continue to be our maths challenge. All other work for our foundation subjects will continue, too.
Homework in Year 6
Spellings (available to download on the Year 6 class page)
(Set: 25.11.22; Due: 02.12.22)
Maths Arithmetic Sheet
(Set: 29.11.22; Due: 01.12.22)